What is the induction process for my child starting school?
Once you have secured a place at our school, we will write to you with details of our induction process. We will invite you to a series of meetings, both as a group of parents and as individuals.
- Mrs Yeo (reception class teacher) will visit your child in their current setting/preschool
- Induction evening – at this meeting you will find out what will happen during the first few weeks at school
- One-on-one meetings - this is an opportunity to meet Mrs Yeo to discuss your child and their needs
- Visits - children will be invited to a series of visits in the summer term to get to know the school
- In September, Mrs Yeo and Mrs Gough (learning support assistant) will visit you and your child at home